1) What makes Nest & Care different from other companies?
Nest & Care is a local, independent, family-owned home care provider that is managed by a Registered Nurse. Our clients are like family to us so they have direct cellphone access to the administrator and the owner. We customize our client’s care plan based on their specific needs and we always strive to have 100% client satisfaction, which means we will go above and beyond what is required so we can address your needs.
Two things that make us really different:
- Our supervisory visits are not conducted every 45-120 days as required by the regulations. We understand that every client is different and so depending on the health condition of our client, the RN care coordinator does in-home supervisory visit every 30 days or sooner if necessary.
- Our Neuro Care Program. Our Director of Nursing is a Certified Neuroscience and Stroke Registered Nurse by the American Board of Neuroscience Nursing since 2010. She has extensive knowledge in the care of neurological patients in the acute, subacute, and chronic phase. She understands what it takes to care for individuals with neurological deficits because she’s cared for them directly for more than 10 years. She is also a dedicated educator and so the caregivers get better training and that translates to better care for your loved ones.
2) How do I get started?
You can call us at 240-243-9790 or visit our website www.NestAndCare.com and click on the Get Started or Switch Provider button.
3) Will your agency provide a free consultation prior to beginning services?
Absolutely. We first determine your needs over the phone and then we schedule a time for our RN care coordinator to come to your home or any location of your choice where he/she will assess your needs taking into consideration your physical/health needs, environment, clinical history etc.
4) How fast can services be arranged?
This is dependent on the level of care that you need. But we have in the past arranged services within a few hours.
5) Do I need a physician’s order to begin with the services?
No, we can begin the service immediately after our initial assessment with you is complete.
Physician orders are NOT required for personal care/companion care; however, if you need Skilled Nursing Services like wound care, IV therapy, medications etc – yes, you will need a physician’s order. If you do not have one, we may be able to help you get one from your physician.
6) How do you select your caregivers?
Nest & Care employs only the highest quality caregivers. We take into consideration their certifications, background, experience, and personality. We do our best and go above and beyond so that we can provide you with a caregiver that meets your individual needs.
7) Does your agency perform background checks?
Absolutely. Every employee undergoes a national background check and credentialed before they join our team.
8) Does your agency carry liability and worker’s compensation coverage?
Yes, Nest & Care carries liability and worker’s comp coverage that is above and beyond what is required by the regulations.
9) Does your agency provide 24/7 On Call service?
Yes, a Registered Nurse in on call 24/7, 365 days a year.
10) Does your agency require a minimum number of hours per shift?
11) Does your agency provide regular supervisory visits to the place of service?
Yes, we go above and beyond what is required by the regulations. Your RN Case manager will oversee the care and also provide in-home supervisory visit every 4 weeks or sooner if necessary.
12) Can I use my long-term care insurance to pay?
Yes, many long-term care insurance policies will cover our services. We can assist you with this process if needed.
13) What other payors do you accept?
Currently, we accept private pay, long-term care insurance, Veterans (VA), and worker’s comp.