Diabetes is a condition that has affected more than 10 million U.S. citizens that are aged 65 and above. If left undiagnosed and untreated, diabetes can cause serious health conditions including blindness, nerve damage, and heart disease.
The good news is that with proper management and care, the disease can be controlled. The key to managing diabetes lies in keeping the blood sugar levels as normal as possible. This can be a bit difficult for most seniors especially when they already have other health conditions.
At Nest & Care, we know that taking care of a senior with diabetes can be a bit of a challenge as the daily regime usually is very strict. That is why we have assembled a special team of highly trained individuals ready to provide diabetes support by offering a broad range of services to give your loved one the opportunity to live life normally.
Some of the services that come with this program include:
- Full assessment or client’s condition before the start of care
- Collaboration with the client’s physician
- Meal and exercise regimen planning
- Medication management and Insulin administration
- Dietary Counseling
- Ongoing monitoring of blood sugar levels
- And more
Our Diabetes Management Program can also be inclusive of various home care services such as:
- Meal Preparation
- Light Housekeeping B
- Bathing and Toileting
- Hygiene and Grooming Assistance
- Medication reminders and pick-ups
- Errands and Grocery Shopping
- Transportation to and from appointments
- And More
To learn more about our Diabetes Management Program, give us a call at 240-243-9790 or send us a message at email@example.com.