Tube feeding involves providing proper nutrition through a tube that has been strategically placed in the intestines or stomach. This method of feeding is usually administered to individuals who are not able to feed by mouth or those who have trouble swallowing.
These individuals usually include neck and head cancer patients, stroke patients, and individuals who have various types of neuromuscular diseases. The patients get the usual nutrients, including carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, minerals, and water through this tube.
Today, it is possible for patients to receive tube feeding at home with the help of skilled nurses. If you or a family member requires tube feeding at home, Nest & Care will provide the service right from the time the tube is inserted until it is pulled out.
Through our licensed nurses and nutritional team, we will make sure that you or your loved one continues to meet the nutritional threshold required to promote healing and utmost comfort.
Some of the services that come with our Tube Feeding Program include:
- Dietetic support
- Monitoring the progress and needs of the patient
- Management of the feeding tube
- Management of problems with feeding tubes and stoma site
- Emotional support for the client and family members
- Looking out for and recognizing signs of infection
- Training the patient and family members how to clean the site, etc.
The program can also be inclusive of various home care services such as:
- Meal Preparation
- Light Housekeeping
- Bathing and Toileting
- Hygiene and Grooming Assistance
- Medication reminders and pick-ups
- Errands and Grocery Shopping
- Transportation to and from appointments
- And More
To learn more about our Tube Feeding Program, give us a call at 240-243-9790 or send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.