A vent or ventilator is a device that is used to pump designated oxygen or air into an individual with a health condition that requires breathing aid. The ventilator transports oxygen into the patient’s lungs and carries carbon dioxide out as well.
This device requires continuous care to ensure that it works properly and that all settings are correct. Proper levels of oxygen need to be maintained as well as they cannot drop too low.
On the other hand, a tracheostomy is an operation or medical procedure which involves the creation of an opening in the patient’s neck so that a tube can be inserted into the windpipe to allow passage of air into the lungs.
Basically, a trach or tracheostomy can be performed for various reasons other than breathing problems, but just like any other surgical procedure, it carries the risk of infection and other complications. It, therefore, goes without saying that the patient requires continuous care.
Nest & Care specializes in the skilled care of patients who have gone through a tracheostomy and also those who are breathing with the help of a ventilator. Our team works together with the patient’s health care providers right from discharge all the way until healing has been achieved.
Our Vent/Tracheostomy Care Package comes with the following services:
- Training family members and caregivers how to use the ventilator or manage the trach tube in case of an emergency
- Nursing care/wound or stoma care
- Administration of treatments and medications N
- utritional counseling
- Tube removal and cleaning
- Inspecting the devices for defects or malfunctions
The program can also be inclusive of various home care services such as:
- Meal Preparation
- Light Housekeeping
- Bathing and Toileting
- Hygiene and Grooming Assistance
- Medication reminders and pick-ups
- Errands and Grocery Shopping
- Transportation to and from appointments
- And More
To learn more about our Vent/Tracheostomy Care Program, give us a call at 240-243-9790 or send us a message at email@example.com.