Some wounds are inevitable, but the good news is that infections and other complications are avoidable! No wound is too small to treat, be it a surgical incision, a diabetic foot injury, or a pressure ulcer.
At Nest & Care, we understand that wound healing can be a complicated process, and that lack of proper care or interruption of care can lead to non-healing wounds and chronic infections especially where underlying complications, such as diabetes, exist.
Our Wound Care Program has been created to benefit patients with all kinds of wounds. Through this program, our nurses and wound specialists work together with the patient’s physician to ensure the patient receives the best care possible. Our goals are to prevent infection, speed healing, and minimize scarring.
Some of the services that come with this particular program include:
- Thorough wound assessment
- Evidence-based treatment procedures for specific wounds
- Recommendations for helpful devices and support surfaces to promote healing and prevent complications
- Patient and caregiver education on proper wound care
- Dietary counseling
- Ongoing collaboration with the patient’s physician
- Outcome measurement and reporting
The program can also be inclusive of various home care services such as:
- Meal Preparation
- Light Housekeeping
- Bathing and Toileting
- Hygiene and Grooming Assistance
- Medication reminders and pick-ups
- Errands and Grocery Shopping
- Transportation to and from appointments
- And More
To learn more about our Wound Care Program, give us a call at 240-243-9790 or send us a message at email@example.com.