Parkinson’s disease is a common nervous system disorder which usually develops after the age of 50. It can, however, affect persons below 50 if it runs in the family.
This disorder presents a broad range of symptoms, such as shaking, difficulty with speaking, swallowing, walking, and coordination. There’s no known cure for Parkinson’s disease, and symptoms tend to progress with time. However, exercise and nutrition have been known to help improve the symptoms.
Whether your loved one is in the early stages of Parkinson’s disease or its advanced stages, we will help him/her get the most out of life through our Parkinson’s Program.
Nest & Care’s Parkinson’s Program incorporates the following:
- Fall prevention education
- Therapeutic recreation
- Nutrition counseling and support
- Education for the patient’s family
- Nursing care with a special focus on diet and medication management
- And more
It can also be inclusive of various home care services based on the needs of the client. Such services include:
- Meal preparation
- Light housekeeping
- Bathing and toileting
- Hygiene and grooming assistance
- Medication reminders and pick-ups
- Errands and grocery shopping
- Transportation to and from appointments
- Companionship and friendship
- And more
To learn more about our Parkinson’s Program, give us a call at 240-243-9790 or send us a message at email@example.com.